What are cookies exactly?
Cookies are small text files which are transfered to your device that you use to visit a website. Cookies enable us to monitor site traffic and estimate our audience size and usage pattern. It also allows us to store information about your preferences to allow us to customize our site according to those preferences. Furthermore, Cookies help in improving our website and deliver a more personalized service.
What types of cookies do we use?
- Strictly necessary: These cookies enable our site to function correctly and deliver the services and products visitors have requested. No information for marketing purposes or remembering sites are being gathered.
- Performance and Functionality: These cookies do things like remember a visitor’s preferred language, understand their preferences and associates users to any forms visitor’s submit to use to enable pre-completion of subsequent forms.
- Analytical: These cookies help us analyze how our site is used, such as allowing us to compile reports on website activity and providing us other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
- User Authentication: These social media cookies allow visitors to login, to share and to promote their activities via social media.
Our website will issue cookies to your device when you log on to the site. Cookies may either be permanent or temporary. Most browsers permit you to reject or delete cookies. Certain browsers and devices allow you to block cookies. If you do choose to block cookies, it may not be possible to use certain features and/or it may be necessary to re-enter information more frequently to use certain services on our site.
We use this information to improve our service, compile statistics and to communicate, more specifically:
- Remember information about you, so you don’t have to give it to us again
- Keep you signed in, even on different devices
- Help us understand how people are using our services, so we can make them better
- Reply to your requests for information
- To enable you to use interactive functions such as downloading and saving data
- To provide services or help
- To improve our website, communication, and services; to compile statistics and to understand what content matters most to the community
- To maintain the security and integrity
- To ensure that content is presented in the way that suits you best
What do we do with your personal information?
- We use your personal information for the creation of a membership for Spine Society of Belgium (SSBe)
- We use your e-mailadress for info and updates about the society and important news or events.
- we use your personal information to get in touch if we need to tell you about something, like a change to our policies or issues with a service.